Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winter Blues

Vivian dragged me out to the mall a few days ago, saying that it was more than time to get into the Christmas spirit and. I was surprised to see the rest of the gang loitering in the Cold Stone Creamery.

None of this is easy on anyone, and I appreciated what they did. We hacked around, playing with the cosmetics, trying on the clothes, listening to the cheerful music. Hell, we even joked about going to see Santa. It never materialized due to the long as hell line, but watching the kids' eyes light up when they get to tell the big guy what they want was magic in and of itself.

I had forgotten to tell them about my dream, but at that moment it didn't matter. Nightmares had no place there.

Christmas will be strange, though. Catherine is never going to come through that door, smiling and in her best outfit, to spend the holiday together. The Moores have long since move away and I haven't heard from them in a while. I don't blame them, honestly. I most likely remind them of the life they could have had. I want to wish them a merry Christmas.

Please, I beg of everyone: don't take your loved ones for granted. I know you get those words probably all the time, because it's true. I would give anything to have my Catherine back.

So I want to wish everyone a Happy Christmahanakwanzikamas.

1 comment: